Operating System: Mac OS X
Application Version: Outlook 2011
NOTE: “domainname” includes your .com, .net, .org or applicable extension, such as “briworks.com”
- Open Microsoft Outlook 2011 for Mac. Click on “Tools”, then “Accounts” and click the + sign.
- Select Email.
- Enter the following information:
- Email Address
- Password – your email password (check the box to remember password if desired)
- Username – firstname.lastname@example.org (your full email address)
- Select “POP” for type
- Incoming mail server – mail.yourdomain.com, use default port
- Outgoing mail server – mail.yourdomain.com, check the box to”Override default port” and enter “587″
- Click “Add Account”.
- Click on “More Options”.
- Choose “Incoming Server Info” in the “Authentication” drop down menu and then click on “OK”.Note: A POP connection removes the email messages from the server during download. If you check your mail from multiple devices, we recommend leaving a copy on the server. To do so, click “Advanced” and check the “Leave a copy of messages on server” check box. Click “OK”.