Operating System: Windows
Application Version: Outlook 2010
NOTE: “domainname” includes your .com, .net, .org or applicable extension, such as “briworks.com”
If you are new to Outlook or are installing Outlook 2010 on a new computer, the Auto Account Setup feature automatically starts and helps you configure account settings for your email accounts.
- Open Outlook.
- Click on “File” on the top toolbar, then click on “Add Account”.
- Select the radio button for “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and click “Next”.
- Select the radio button for “Internet E-mail” and click “Next”.
- Enter the following information:
- Your Name (this will be the display name on your messages)
- Email Address
- Account type – Select IMAP
- Incoming mail server – mail.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing mail server – mail.yourdomain.com
- Username – email@example.com (your full email address)
- Password – your email password (check the box to remember password if desired)
- Click “More Settings”.
- Click on the “Outgoing Server” tab and check the box next to “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication, and click the radio button for “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”.
- Click on the “Advanced Settings” tab. Change the port number for Outgoing Server (SMTP) to 587. Click “OK”.
- Outlook will now automatically test your account settings. Click “Close” when completed successfully.
- You have now completed the setup of your email account. Click “Finish”.