Operating System: Windows
Application Version: Outlook 2007
NOTE: “domainname” includes your .com, .net, .org or applicable extension, such as “briworks.com”
- Open Outlook.
- Click on “Tools” on the top toolbar, then click on “Account Settings”.
- Click “New”.
- Check the box for “Manually configure server settings or additional server types” and click “Next”.
- Select the radio button for “Internet E-mail” and click “Next”.
- Enter the following information:
- Your Name (this will be the display name on your messages)
- Email Address
- Incoming mail server – mail.yourdomain.com
- Outgoing mail server – mail.yourdomain.com
- Username – firstname.lastname@example.org (your full email address)
- Password – your email password (check the box to remember password if desired)
- Click “More Settings”.
- Click on the “Outgoing Server” tab and check the box next to “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication, and click the radio button for “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”.
- Click on the “Advanced Settings” tab. Change the port number for Outgoing Server (SMTP) to 587. You may also choose to leave a copy of messages on the server and set the amount of time. This setting is recommended if you check your email from multiple devices. Click “OK”.
- You have now completed setup of your email account. Click ” Finish”.
- You will see your new account in the list of email accounts. Click “Close” to go back into Outlook.